A. Unless a section of this chapter specifically provides otherwise, this chapter applies to all Borough employees, except as follows:
2. Members of citizen boards and commissions;
3. All persons who are appointed to serve without compensation;
4. The Borough Clerk and Deputy Borough Clerks, who are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Assembly, and whose terms, wages, hours, and conditions of employment are determined by the Assembly;
5. Employees represented by a certified or recognized collective bargaining agent to the extent that a specific provision of a collective bargaining agreement which covers the wages, hours, or working conditions of said employees covers a subject also covered by this chapter, in which case the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement shall apply;
6. Employees employed under the terms of a special grant to the extent that a specific provision of the grant covers a subject covered by this chapter, or by a collective bargaining agreement, in which case the provisions of the grant shall apply.
B. Except as otherwise provided in this section, all Borough employees shall be classified in one of the following categories: appointed employees, executive/administrative/professional employees, and classified employees.
1. Appointed employees shall consist of:
2. Executive/administrative/professional employees as defined by state and federal law.
3. Classified employees shall consist of all Borough employees who are not appointed or executive/administrative/professional employees or otherwise classified in this section.
C. Employees covered under this chapter are subject to the rules of this chapter. Terms in this chapter govern all employees not represented by a collective bargaining unit and no previous administrative practices or other guarantees create any implied or other rights. For terms not addressed in this chapter, the monetary terms of the APEA-negotiated agreement shall be applied to confidential nonexempt employees and the monetary terms of the ASEA-negotiated agreement, except the base salaries for appointed employees, shall be applied to confidential exempt employees. (Ord. 2022-09 § 2, 2022; Ord. 2015-34 § 2, 2015; Ord. 2009-28 § 2, 2009; Ord. 2006-70 § 2, 2006; Ord. 2003-58 § 2, 2003; Ord. 98-009 § 2, 1998; amended during 1993 republication; Ord. 86-017 § 9, 1986; Ord. 85-137 §§ 2, 3, 1985; Ord. 84-102 § 2, 1985. 2004 Code § 2.24.021.)