Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A. Initiation of Appeal. Decisions may be appealed to the Board of Adjustment or a Hearing Officer by:

1. An applicant for a conditional use or variance;

2. The permittee or owner of land for which a conditional use has been revoked;

3. Any governmental agency or unit;

4. Any person aggrieved by a decision or determination made by the Director of the Department of Community Planning in the enforcement of this title, or by a decision of the Planning Commission concerning a request for conditional use or variance. To be considered a “person aggrieved,” the person must qualify as an interested person and if a quasi-judicial hearing was held must have participated in the hearing as a party or interested person. A request for variance from the terms of the land use regulations may be appealed when literal enforcement would deprive a property owner of rights commonly enjoyed by other properties in the district. (Ord. 2016-40 § 24, 2016; Ord. 2015-74 § 8, 2016; Ord. 2014-19 § 3, 2014; Ord. 94-003 § 2, 1994. 2004 Code § 18.54.070.)